Essential Qualities required to become a great leader.

Leadership is an important part of entrepreneurship. People have mentality that leaders are born, but this is actually a myth. Anyone can become leader with a certain skill set and qualities. There are many great leaders like Adolf Hitler, Mahatma Gandhi, Barrack Obama etc. We can possess some qualities of these leaders which set them apart from the rest.
Today in this article we are sharing with you some of the Qualities required to become a successful leader.
  • Communication: The most important quality a leader must possess is communication skills. To keep every member of a team on a same page, leader needs to communicate extensively.  Barriers in the communication process can lead to miscommunicated information, which leads to internal disputes amongst the employees. Mahatma Gandhi was a great leader because he was a motivational speaker and a fluent orator. With his speeches he impressed the audience and won their confidence.
  • Confidence:- A leader should have full confidence in the risks and decisions he takes. If a leader is not sure about about them, he can’t convince his team to work towards a single goal. Successful leaders set their end goal and stick to it.  Leaders are self-reliant and they look towards long term goals.
  •  Motivating:- To achieve the goals of an organisation team need constant words of encouragement to keep them going. A good motivator can pull the team smoothly. If someone has done a good job, an entrepreneur needs to praise the employee. If someone hasn’t performed very well, one has to motivate him to do better the next time.
  • Problem solving skills:- The Leader/Entrepreneur should have quick thinking and problem solving abilities. Every business faces problems, not every problem has ready made solution. It is the duty of leader to make use of his business acumen and knowledge of the industry to find quick and fitting solutions.
  • Empathetic

• Trend setter

• Brilliant organisers

• Master the art of delegation

Shubhangi

writter

You may also like

12 Comments

• Saint Facetious
    September 4, 2017 at 3:08 pm

I know a couple of managers I should share this blog with… 🙂 Good thoughts.

• Shubhangi
      Shubhangi Jain
      September 4, 2017 at 3:12 pm

thanks 🙂

• Jane
    September 4, 2017 at 8:25 pm

This is so true. I have worked with and for some great and some poor leaders in my time. It is obvious with their different styles what is good and what is not.

• Tatiana Sieff
    September 4, 2017 at 9:28 pm

Nice post. My problem is always delegation. I take on too much & burn out at the very end. Great tips for all budding leaders!

• Jessica McCarty
    September 4, 2017 at 11:27 pm

Thanks for sharing! I know I need to work on my leadership skills. I always feel like no one is listening.

• Kristan
    September 5, 2017 at 3:17 am

Great post! I work in Human Resources and I know that leadership qualities are found in individuals with the qualities you mentioned. Thanks for sharing!

• Tita Pacita
    September 5, 2017 at 9:17 am

Needed to see this! Hope you can expound on the other qualities, too! 🙂

• Beth | Adventuring the Great Wide Somewhere
    September 5, 2017 at 10:57 pm

Spot on! Communication and problem solving skills are both essential to anyone who wants to lead. I’ve had plenty of terrible bosses in the past, people who would disappear whenever a problem cropped up, or would “look into it” and never get back to their employees when issues arose. It definitely didn’t inspire anyone to work harder! Maybe I should anonymously send them your article, ha!

• Luci
    September 7, 2017 at 3:23 am

Great post. Confidence and communication is key to be a leader.

• Milka Amanda [From Bali to Cali]
    September 7, 2017 at 3:56 am

I always feel like I’m not qualified as a leader because I don’t have many confidence. Thank you for sharing it helps me to practice!

• shivee sirmauri
    September 7, 2017 at 1:22 pm

This post is a worth sharing with friends and people who need motivation. I liked it a lot. Thanks for sharing such great info. Keep bloging, keep rocking!

• rajaji
      Sunny
      September 8, 2017 at 3:52 pm

Its great to hear from you, Keep sharing motivation