Let’s hear the inspiring story of world’s first billionaire writer .
April 23, 2017
J K Rowling – The woman behind the famous character ‘ Harry Potter ‘. This rags to riches success story of J K Rowling isn’t less than a fairy tale story, but behind this enormous success, she had to suffer lot of pain and misery. Let’s hear the inspiring story of world’s first billionaire writer..
It all started with a train journey from Manchester to London in UK. Though it was a normal journey for all the passengers, but it wasn’t a common journey for her. She saw a vision of a young boy of which she wasn’t aware of that whole world will fall in love, she continued to imagined the visionary characters of wizards of Hogwarts. Azkaban, where the full cast of characters took shape. Those witches and wizards characters were all which she was imagining throughout her journey, she thought of writing about those characters in real.
That’s how the first book of the series was published – “Harry Potter and the philosopher’s stone”. In this way, the world’s beloved Harry Potter series started. She considered herself the biggest failure before she started writing, she said “By every usual standard, I was the biggest failure I knew.” She linked all the bad incidents that happened during the writing of the novel, let’s have a look :
1) Sudden death of her mother:- She used to live with her mother in Manchester when the story of her book was on development, but destiny has planned something else for her. In 1991, the demise of her mother broke her apart. It was just after 6 months she began writing the book . That’s why, Harry Potter, has to suffer the death of his parents because in real life she too had suffered the demise of her mother.
2) Failed marriage and suicide attempts:- After the demise of her mother, she moved to Portugal to move on and started teaching English as a foreign language. In 1992, she married a Portugal TV Journalist Jorge Arantes. She became pregnant and gave birth to a girl, Jessica. But her marriage didn’t last long and she divorced. She moved to Edinburgh with her daughter and the initial chapters of Harry Potter. Here also, situations became worse for her. She was living penniless, in a cramped apartment with a new born baby and had no work. She went into depression and even considered suicide, but she didn’t give up. Her only hope was her book – The Harry Potter. Her depression helped her to invent the evil characters like Dementors, dark creatures, feeding upon happiness which was introduced in her third novel, ‘Harry Potter and the Prison of Azkaban’.
3) Struggle of five years for her book:- She rented her apartment and moved to state welfare for money as she had to fulfill needs of her daughter. But tough situations didn’t break her, after making her daughter sleep she used to write her book in cafes, and it took her 5 years to finish the first book of the series. By this time, all the failures, setbacks she faced, had eventually made her stronger.
4) Rejections:- 12 Best Publishers Turned Down Her Book In 1995, after completion of the book it was time of publication. She knew it’s not going to be that easy. She received replies from the publishers as, “It is too difficult for children, “It is too long”, “Children would not be interested in it.” Her book was rejected by over 12 publishing companies.
5) Finally a signal of Hope:- Finally, Bloomsbury – a publishing house of London accepted to publish her book and bought her script for $4000. The Harry Potter was an instant hit and won the British Book Award for best Children book of the year. In fact, in 1998 the US publishing company, Scholastic .Inc. bought it’s worldwide rights for $105,000. This was the first time when the whole world was about the magical story of Harry Potter.
Lately, the world fell in love with the Harry Potter and Her 3rd & 4th editions of the book broken all the records. Later on, the Warner Bros brought the film rights for first 2 novels for $1.5 million. Her series of Seven book has since now sold more than 450 million copies worldwide which transformed her life completely. In 2011, Forbes
estimated her total worth about $1 billion that made her the wealthiest author of the world.
That’s all for now, If you like our this inspirational story, feel free to share it with our friends and families, you can also comment your opinion in comment section
Also just go and check other article as well