HOW TO STOP PROCRASTINATING – 8 SURVIVAL TIPS
Beating procrastination need not be as hard as you think. There are plenty of tips to stop procrastination which can help you overcome this annoying & debilitating habit permanently. When trying to beat procrastination you firstly need to figure out why are you procrastinating in the first place. Different people have different reasons to postpone important tasks and it will be in your best interest to first ask yourself “What is stopping me from doing this task?”
- Fear Of Failure:- Most people cannot beat procrastination because of their mistakes. In fact the fear of failure is so great that they even are scared getting started and important tip to stop procrastination in this case will be to realize that the fear of failure is actually a self fulfilling prophecy.
- Laziness:- When you feel lazy towards doing a task that is important you are actually do involved in thinking just how huge and big it really is. A good tip to stop procrastination is here will be to break the task into the smaller and more manageable tasks so that it doesn’t seem so huge. Also give yourself plenty of time to complete the task.
- Distractedness :- Beating procrastination when you are close to distractedness may be hard at first but with little patience and planning you can easily overcome your inability to stay focused.
- Set Deadlines :- Create and set deadlines for the immediate task, this will help maintain focus task oriented state of mind.
- Avoid Distraction :- Concentrate only on the task that you are dealing with and don’t allow yourself to be distracted. You will find yourself completing tasks very quickly that you thought would consume your time immensely.
- Time Is Important :- Complete each task in a timely manner and you will find that you have more time in your hands. This is the best exercise to stop your procrastination.
- Seek Professional Help :- Deal with and overcome any psychology fears that you might have about failure. Role success for that matter if you determine that it’s part of the problem when tackling a project. Seek Professional Help, it may be a self esteem issue and easily eradicated.
- Commitment :- Commit to the start of each project and that will be take you close to its finish.