On this auspicious day, Meet India’s 10 most successful female entrepreneurs
Today on this auspicious day (International Women’s Day) we want to celebrate women’s achievements from the political to the social. Besides being a salute to the spirit of womanhood, Women’s Day is a reminder of women’s achievements in all spheres of life. India has a pool of pool of bold and fearless women who have made a mark for themselves both within the country as well as overseas. In the business community female entrepreneurs proved themselves in fighting gender stereotyping.
On this Women’s day we are introducing you with Indian women entrepreneurs who can be easily termed as role models for every Indian female:
- Indu Jain:- Indu is a well known female entrepreneur. She belongs to a Sahu Jain family. Currently she is the chairperson of India’s largest media group, Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd., which owns the Times of India and other large newspapers. She is a role model for all the women’s especially for widowed women’s as She is widowed with two sons. In January 2016 she was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Government Of India.
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw :- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw was born in Bangalore, she completed her Bachelors in Zoology from Mount Carmel College, Bangalore University. She completed her post graduation in Malting and Brewing from Ballarat College, Melbourne University. She is the founder Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Biocon Limited. Currently Biocon Limited is a leading player in biomedicine research with a focus on diabetes and oncology. In 1989 Kiran was awarded by Padma Shri while in 2005 she received the prestigious Padma Bhushan from the government of India.
- Indra Nooyi :- Indra Nooyi is the well known face amongst Indian women entrepreneurs. She is the CFO and President of PepsiCo. Indra Nooyi was born in Chennai and completed her Bachelor’s in Science from Madras Christian College in 1974. She completed her post graduation in Public Management from Yale University and Masters in Finance and Marketing from IIM, Kolkata. She is a big inspiration to India’s corporate leadership as she was conferred with prestigious Padma Bhushan for her business achievements.
- Vandana Luthra :- Every women must know about the success story of Vandana luthra. Every women is concerned about her beauty, fitness skin. Vandana luthra versed herself with beauty, fitness, food and nutrition and skin care. You all must have heard about VLCC, a beauty and wellnes giant which has it’s presence in 11 countries across Asia, Africa and the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council). For providing such a enormous beauty products we should be thankful to vandana luthra. In 2013 she was awarded the Padma Shri. By Fortune India In 2015, she was listed as the 33rd most powerful woman in business.
- Naina Lal Kidwai :- She is the first Indian lady who graduated from Harvard Business School. Today she is one of the most successful and famous Indian businesswomen. Currently she is Country Head and Group General Manager HSBC Group India. Not only HSBC she has also held her eminent positions such as that of Global Advisor, Harvard Business School, non-executive director at Nestle SA and as a member of Governing Board NCAER.
- Chanda Kochar :- Chanda Kochar was born in Rajasthan who got Masters Degree in Management Studies from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai. Chanda Kochar is the MD & CEO of india’s largest private bank ICICI Bank. With the hardwork and leadership of Kochhar ICICI Bank won the “Best Retail Bank in India” award in 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2005 and “Excellence in Retail Banking Award” in 2002. These awards were given by by The Asian Banker.
- Ekta Kapoor :- We don’t feel need to introduce with Ekta Kapoor. She is the women who single handed founded and made Balaji Telefilms. Salute to this lady who has changed the face of Indian television. She brings a lot of hit serials. She is the Queen of the Daily Indian soaps. Her contribution to the Indian television industry can’t be ignored. She is a role model for all the women’s who want to become a successful entrepreneur in their life.
- Suchi Mukherjee :- A well known online shopping venture called Limeroad, was started in 2012 by Suchi along with Manish Saksena, Ankush Mehra and Prashant Malik. Suchi was the lady who was selected as 1 of 15 women worldwide ‘Rising Talents, high potential leaders under 40. Suchi is an ex-ebay, Skype and Gumtree. Suchi was awarded with many awards and recognition in her life.
- Richa Kar :- Zivame, a well known first online lingerie store was started by Richa Kar. Richa was born in Jamshedpur and completed her engineering from BITS Pilani. She completed her post graduation form Narsee Monji Institute of Management Studies in 2007. Before starting Zivame.com she worked with a retailer and global technology company. With Zivame Richa provide education to the women across the country about intimate wear and shaping consumer behaviour.
- Aditi Gupta :- Once there was a time when no one talks about mensuration openly. But a initiative taken by Aditi Gupta provides a resourceful guide about menstruation which helps women to stay healthy and active during their menstruation. Aditi was born in small town in Jharkhand and completed her graduation in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering and post graduation in New Media Design from National Institute of Design.
Not only these, there are many Women entrepreneurs who who can be easily termed as role models for every Indian- both males and females. Salute to all those ladies. Hats off.